Monday, January 23, 2012

How do I find the constellation Orion?

I can't find it, is it still to low in the east?How do I find the constellation Orion?Try stellarium, It will help you find and identify things.

WallyHow do I find the constellation Orion?
Depending upon your location in the world...........



Orion, to me, appears to be about 40 degrees above the horizon and generally due south-east.



I am at about the 40th parallel latitude, eastern USA.



Look for Betelgeuse, the red giant star at Orion's club, and Rigel, the bluish giant star at his knee. See if you can spot the three belt stars in between. And don't forget to look for Sirius, the bright blue-white star of Canis Major below Orion.



For you in LA, Orion should be 15 - 20 degrees higher. Orion should appear to be tilted back to the left and facing more or less upward.How do I find the constellation Orion?Would have helped if you said where you're located. Take a look below --



EAST COAST - Low in the east at 9:10 PM

MIDWEST - Low in the east around 9:25 PM

MOUNTAIN WEST - Low in the east around 10:15 PM

WEST COAST - Low in the east around 10:30 PMHow do I find the constellation Orion?
A nice little widget to ask Santa to bring you is a Planisphere. You can then dial in the date and time of something you want to look at.

Some examples -

http://www.skymaps.com/store/cat04.htmlHow do I find the constellation Orion?I usually see it in the southwest around 5 am when I'm off to work at this time of year.How do I find the constellation Orion?
What is your location? Then I can help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment