Thursday, January 26, 2012

Is the USS Constellation Cv-64 becoming an Artificial Reef in Pensacola, Florida?

I don't believe so. The Oriskany was turned into a reef.Is the USS Constellation Cv-64 becoming an Artificial Reef in Pensacola, Florida?Wow I havent heard that! I sailed on her for two years! I just saw her last year tied up at Navy Station Bremerton.Is the USS Constellation Cv-64 becoming an Artificial Reef in Pensacola, Florida?I couldn't find anything about it.

I tried 4 sites under " USS constellation."

The last i could find, it was in Bremerton,WA,so it is unlkely it would be towed to the Gulf of Mexico for this purpose. It would have to fit thru Panama Canal,and I wonderif it would fit.

You have my curiousity in high gear.Is the USS Constellation Cv-64 becoming an Artificial Reef in Pensacola, Florida?Last I heard about the Connie is that it is in the process of having a bidding war between if the Navy wants to keep her around just in case some other crap breaks out or if they should go to highest bidder for a musuem purpose. Right now the highest bidder would be the some people in NYC/NJ area for a musuem. O and yes the Connie would fit throught canal just would have to be under constant guide of the harbour pilot. But it would fit.....Ah yes the great memories of the Connie!!Is the USS Constellation Cv-64 becoming an Artificial Reef in Pensacola, Florida?
WHY sink her? She would be such a nice platform for the cultivation of a natural sea sickness and scurvy cure like cannabis.Or better yet a SURF generator.

No comments:

Post a Comment